FRIDAY LEAGUE - CODE OF CONDUCT
General Code of Conduct
All participants and their caddies in BDGA events are expected to know and play by the Rues of Golf, conduct themselves in a sportsmanlike manner at all times, respect the golf course, grounds, and the rights of other players, and completely fulfill their playing obligations. Failure to adhere to this Code of Conduct may subject the player to immediate disqualification and possible suspension from future BDGA events. The Event Rules Committee will make all decisions regarding any violations of this Code.
Junior / Sub Junior Behavior and Playing Standards
- Events are open to all youth officially residing full time in the BDGA area.
- Players must be capable of carrying their own bag, completing 18 holes in 4 hours and scoring 120 or below.
- Caddies must be age 21 or under (NO PARENTS) and may NOT be any relation to the player, i.e. brother, sister, aunt, uncle, etc.)
- Proper golf attire will be worn at all times by players and caddies to include collared shirt (tucked in), spike-less footwear, and long pants or pocketed proper length shorts. Caps, if worn, must be peak-forward. NO DENIM, NO TEE SHIRTS.
- Proper demeanor is expected of every player and caddie. Any display of improper language, club-throwing, temper tantrums, disrespect of fellow players, or any other unsportsmanlike conduct will be grounds for immediate dismissal and possible suspension from future BDGA events.
- Cheating and/or violations of the Rules of Golf will be dealt with quickly and severely not only for those in violation but also for any and all who knew or should have known of such violations but neglected to report them.
- Spectators, if allowed on the course by the host club, shall be silent and remain approximately 30 yards from the players during the competition. A one-stroke penalty or immediate disqualification may be assessed a player who allows such spectator involvement.
- Proper care of the golf course shall be observed including divot replacement, bunker raking, ball mark fixing, keeping the golf bag off the green, and disposal of all litter in containers.